It happens to us all! Procrastination is a college student’s worst enemy. Follow these tips to beat the temptations of procrastination as you study!
- Keep a notepad (not your phone) to the side of where you’re studying. Whenever something comes to mind that you need to get done, or don’t want to forget, jot it down for a reminder later. Then get back to your studies!
- If you can’t get something off your mind that has to get done, then DO IT! No need to stress about not getting it done while stressing about studying, then you’re not getting anything done to its fullest potential.
- Focus less on multitasking. Set up and organize what needs to get done in advance. Time block your day and set personal deadlines.
- Take a 15 minute break in between chapters or when you have crossed an item off your to do list!
- Switch up how you spend each break, but plan your breaks out. You don’t want to procrastinate, and lose your focus entirely.
- Get one of the easier tasks on your procrastination list completed during one break. Then on your next break, take a walk or practice yoga.
Above all, stay positive and focused as you dive into your studying. The more present you are in your studying, the more success you’ll have!
About the Author
Amber is a YogaClub University Ambassador completing her B.S. in Geosciences, while working as a research student. She had the opportunity to practice yoga during a field course, where her passion for exploration flourished. Follow the journey of two passions colliding on Instagram at www.instagram.com/ayypeaches.